Saturday, October 11, 2008

.:Comfort Dear Child:.

When visiting my friend tonight in the hospital after having her baby, she spoke to me of a great comfort of holding her child upon her breast. She said she wished she could have The Lord hold her like that. In some ways He truly does.

These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost
whom The Father will send in my name
He shall teach you all things
and bring all things to your remembrance
whatsoever I have said unto you.
Peace I leave with you
my peace I give unto you
not as the world gives do I give to you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid.


-Jesus's words in John chapter 14 verses 25-27

I have learned a bit the past few days about The Lord's heart. He longs to be our comfort. We cannot trust others or other things to be The Great Comforter. When we do try to, we end up with insecurities and soon comes sin. His comfort is a beautiful blanket that warms us and covers us woven with love and truth. Each strand is carefully knit together with the most valuable thread imaginable. He is thankful to share this with us.

Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
Speak ye comfort to Jerusalem, and cry unto her,
that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned:
for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins.


-From the book of Isaiah chapter 40 verses 1 and 2

His words of conviction, are usually followed with words of comfort,
for He that has torn will heal us.


-From Matthew Henry's Commentary

The longer we live with one another,
the more comfort we need Him to provide.
Be thankful, He will provide it.
This is the heart of The God I know and love.
I have been hurt and caused hurt.
Sometimes Jesus is a lot like me.
He is selfless in His intentions,
sadly ours are often not so.
At the root of it, through it all,
I knew He must increase and I must decrease.
There is no one like Him and we can never provide
the lasting comfort and security He can.

“Remember, we all stumble, every one of us.
That's why it's a comfort to go hand-in-hand.”


-Emily Kimbrough

No comments: